Title: Media Metrics 101
Instructor: Alexandra Kanik, Metrics Editor, MediaShift
Using free tools to track media metrics
When it comes to tracking progress and impact in media, it’s hard to know which metrics are worth tracking and which aren’t. Those who don’t have robust analytics platforms like Parse.ly, Chartbeat or Omniture, must rely on a combination of Google Analytics and hand-entered data to make meaning of their analytics.
This training is great for people who are new to media metrics, or for people who would like to learn free ways to track metrics.
What you’ll learn from this training:
- Establishing tracking goals from organizational goals
- Setting up tracking documents
- Exporting from Google Analytics
- Joining Google Analytics data with hand-entered data
- Analyzing what you’ve tracked to start understanding patterns and answering questions
Who should take this training:
- Beginners in the metrics, analytics and measuring impact field
- Media organization employees who want to know more about tracking metrics in order to report on progress, success and impact
- People interested in hands-on, actionable ways to start tracking media metrics
Date and Time: May 11, 2016 at 1 pm ET / 10 am PT
Note: If you can’t attend the live session, you can still register and see the archived video and ask questions of the instructor. Free registration for BigMarker is required.
About the Instructor:
Alexandra Kanik (@act_rational) is the Metrics Editor/Curator for MediaShift. In addition to her work with MediaShift, Alexandra is a freelance developer for news organizations around the country. Alexandra’s interest in metrics, analytics and measuring impact began with her work for PublicSource, a non-profit news organization based in Pittsburgh, PA.