Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Google Funds 107 Projects in the Third Round of the Digital News Initiative Fund (Mădălina Ciobanu / Journalism.co.uk)
2. Fewer Stories, More Spinoff Brands: How NBC News is Shifting to Loyal Visitors (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
3. Facebook Won’t Let People Change the Headlines in Links — and Social Media Managers Aren’t Pleased (Max Willens / Digiday)
4. Here’s What Happened the Last Time Audio Producers Got Better Data (Gabe Bullard / Nieman Lab)
5. Fake News Bots are so Economical, You Can Use Them Over and Over (Laura Hazard Owen / Nieman Lab)
6. Is Collaboration the New Frontier of Fact-Checking? 3 Journalists Share Their Experiences (Riley Griffin and Rebecca Iannucci / Poynter)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!