Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Magazines Find There’s Little Time to Fact-Check Online (Sharon Bloyd-Peshkin and Susan Currie Sivek / Columbia Journalism Review)
2. How BuzzFeed Gets its Employees Data-Focused (Max Willens / Digiday)
3. How British Vogue Used Instagram Stories to Gain a Million Followers in One Year (Lucinda Southern / Digiday)
4. ‘I Thought I’d Give it a Shot’: Two Sportswriters Find Success Crowdfunding (Tony Biasotti / Columbia Journalism Review)
5. For Advertisers, Algorithms Can Lead to Unexpected Exposure on Sites Spewing Hate (Elizabeth Dwoskin and Craig Timberg / Washington Post)
6. Skift Founder Rafat Ali on Why He Regrets Selling Paidcontent to The Guardian and Opportunities in Business Media (By Dominic Ponsford / Press Gazette)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!