1. Even super-small drones would have to register under federal proposal (Klint Finley / Wired)
2. How the New Yorker grew its digital audience by focusing on quality (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
3. Frustrated publishers to Twitter: Give us our share counts back (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
4. Why we might need an app to save us from our smartphones (Elizabeth Daley / Good)
5. There’s a dark web GitHub for controversial code (Jordan Pearson / Motherboard)
Our Must Reads will be back on Monday.
Enjoy the long holiday weekend!