The best stories across the web on media and technology, curated by Nathan Gibbs
1. Yahoo announces PayPal president Scott Thompson as its new CEO (TechCrunch)
2. Wikipedia raises $20 million in its annual donation drive, from 1 million donors (Wikimedia Foundation)
4. Why Twitter’s “verified account” failure matters (GigaOM)
5. It is now illegal to visit a foreign website in Belarus (The Next Web)
6. Slate partners with YouTube to bring its Explainer to video (Nieman Journalism Lab)
Subscribe to our daily Must Reads email newsletter and get the links in your in-box every weekday!