Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Google Says it Wants to Fund the News, Not Fake It (Jessica Goodfellow & Ronan Shields / The Drum)
2. State of the News Media: Local TV News Has Shed Audience Over the Past Decade (Katerina Eva Matsa / Pew Research Center)
3. Fighting Falsehoods Around the World: A Dispatch on the Growing Global Fact-Checking Movement (Michelle Ye Hee Lee / Washington Post)
4. Newspapers’ Stand Against Tech Giants Won’t Save Them (Will Oremus / Slate)
6. Expanding Post-Y Combinator, OMGDigital Wants to Win the African Millennial Media Market (Christine Schmidt / Nieman Lab)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!