Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Facebook’s Secret Censorship Rules Protect White Men from Hate Speech But Not Black Children (Julia Angwin and Hannes Grassegger / ProPublica)
2. Google News Launches a Streamlined Redesign That Gives More Prominence to Fact Checking (Joseph Lichterman / Nieman Lab)
3. The Washington Post’s New Social Media Policy Forbids Disparaging Advertisers (Andrew Beaujon / Washingtonian)
4. Is the Staggeringly Profitable Business of Scientific Publishing Bad for Science? (Stephen Buranyi / The Guardian)
5. Trying to Write a Killer Headline for Social? Here are Some of the Most (and Least) Effective Phrases (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!