Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. The New York Times is Teaming up with Alphabet’s Jigsaw to Expand its Comments (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
2. The Little Blue Bird Has Flown: How Twitter Lost its Value as a News Source (Matthew Clayfield / The Guardian)
3. Newsonomics: The New York Times’ Redesign Aims to Match the Quality of its Products to its Journalism (Ken Doctor / Nieman Lab)
4. A New Twitter Test Puts a Bunch of Current Events Across the Top of User Timelines (Kurt Wagner / Recode)
5. What Happens When Journalists, Filmmakers, Designers and Programmers From All Over the World Come Together to Open a New Unit Within America’s Oldest Major Broadcaster? That’s What We’re Here to Find Out. (Matt Danzico / Medium)
6. Pakistan, in a First, Sentences Man to Death Over Blasphemy on Social Media (Salman Masood / New York Times)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!