Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. ‘Dude Fires People’: How the Chaotic Trump News Cycle Confuses and Misinforms the Public (Margaret Sullivan / Washington Post)
2. “Anger is a Useful Metric” and Other Evil Tips for Making Money off Hyper-Partisan Content (Laura Hazard Owen / Nieman Lab)
3. Mother Jones is Raising $500,000 to Go After the Trump-Russia Story (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
4. With its New Interactive News Team, Politico Wants to Let Sunshine into the Beltway (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
5. Instant Articles, AMP ‘Make no Economic Sense’: Digiday+ Town Hall With Dotdash CEO Neil Vogel (Shareen Pathak / Digiday)
6. ‘Accidental Hero’ Halts Ransomware Attack and Warns: This is Not Over (Nadia Khomami and Olivia Solon / The Guardian)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!