Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Can Trust in the News be Repaired? Facebook, Craig Newmark, Mozilla and Others are Spending $14 Million to Try (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
2. Google Says its YouTube Ad Problem is “Very Very Very Small” But It’s Getting Better at Fixing it Anyway (Peter Kafka / Recode)
3. Announcing the News Integrity Initiative to Increase Trust in Journalism (Amy Dunkin / CUNY Journalism)
4. This Is Not a Fake Interview (But Don’t Go by the Headline) (Sydney Ember / New York Times)
5. Twitter Drops ‘Egg’ Avatar in Attempt to Break Association With Internet Trolls (Elle Hunt / The Guardian)
6. The Story Behind Atlantic Owner David Bradley’s ‘Biggest Business Failure’ (Thomas Heath / Washington Post)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!