Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. 2017 World Press Freedom Index – Tipping Point (Reporters Without Borders)
2. This is How The New York Times is Using Bots to Create More One-to-One Experiences With Readers (Andrew Phelps / Nieman Lab)
3. Snapchat Discover Lands in Germany with Vice and Sky Sports Announced as Publishing Partners (Rebecca Stewart / The Drum)
4. What’s Holding Back Virtual Reality News? Slow Tech Adoption, Monetization, and Yes, Dull Content (Ricardo Bilton / Nieman Lab)
5. Desktop and Mobile Ad Revenue Surpasses TV for the First Time (George Slefo / Advertising Age)
6. In the Shadow of the Duopoly, Media Rivals are Becoming Allies (Sahil Patel / Digiday)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!