Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. SEC Cracks Down on Fake Stock News (Ben Popken / NBC News)
2. BuzzFeed News Gets its First Pulitzer Citation (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
3. Mark Zuckerberg On Fake News, Free Speech, And What Drives Facebook (Robert Safian / Fast Company)
4. Via Skype, the White House Opens Press Briefings to Trump-Friendly Non-Reporters (Paul Farhi / Washington Post)
5. Mic’s Cory Haik: ‘Our Audience is Not a Monolith That Just Wants News’ (Aditi Sangal / Digiday)
6. How the Techniques of 19th-Century Fake News Tell Us Why We Fall For It Today (Petra McGillen / Nieman Lab)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!