Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Reading Fake News, Pakistani Minister Directs Nuclear Threat at Israel (Russell Goodman / New York Times)
2. Wielding Claims of ‘Fake News,’ Conservatives Take Aim at Mainstream Media (Jeremy W. Peters / New York Times)
3. Google’s Top Results for “Did the Holocaust Happen” Now Expunged of Denial Sites (Danny Sullivan / Search Engine Land)
4. Advertising’s Moral Struggle: Is Online Reach Worth the Hurt? (Sapna Maheshwari / New York Times)
5. How the Nation’s Largest Owner of TV Stations Helped Donald Trump’s Campaign (Paul Farhi / Washington Post)
6. The Secret Sauce Behind NPR One: An Editorially Responsible Algorithm (Tamar Charney, Michael Oreskes, and Thomas Hjelm / NPR)