Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Fake News is a Convenient Scapegoat, But the Big 2016 Problem Was the Real News (Matthew Yglesias / Vox)
2. Why Facebook’s Fake News Measures Won’t Stamp Out Imposter Publishers (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
3. The First Reply to a Trump Tweet Is Prime Media Space (Adrienne LaFrance / The Atlantic)
4. Now You Can Fact-Check Trump’s Tweets — In the Tweets Themselves (Philip Bump / Washington Post)
5. Preaching the Gospel of Diversity, But Not Following It (Liz Spayd / New York Times)
6. Ethics in Stunt Journalism (Leah Finnegan / The Outline)