Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Refreshing The Verge: How Does This Thing Make Money, Anyway? (Nilay Patel / The Verge)
2. Gannett’s Giving Up On Tronc. So What Will It Buy Next? (Rick Edmonds / Poynter)
3. YouTube’s Seven-Year Music Battle Ends in Germany (Stefan Nicola / Bloomberg Technology)
4. Scribd Adds Magazines to Its $8.99/Month Reading Subscription, and Says It’s Profitable (Laura Hazard Owen / Nieman Lab)
5. The New York Times is Launching a Daily 360-Degree Video Series (Joseph Lichterman / Nieman Lab)
6. Q&A: BuzzFeed’s CEO Says It Would Be ‘Much Bigger’ If ComScore Tracked Its Mobile Stats (Lauren Johnson / AdWeek)