Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram Surveillance Tool Was Used to Arrest Baltimore Protestors (Russell Brandom / The Verge)
2. After Scrutiny, News Outlets Stop Conducting Unscientific Online Debate Polls (Oliver Darcy / Business Insider)
3. Google Acquires FameBit to Better Connect YouTube Creators with Brands (Ken Yeung / Venture Beat)
4. Esquire Relaunches Spy as Online Pop-Up for Election (Kurt Andersen / Esquire)
5. Vox is Launching a Travel Content Site For Chase (Mike Shields / Wall Street Journal)
6. The Wall Street Journal is Reorganizing Its Newsroom and Cutting Down on Flabby Stories (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)