Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. What Facebook Knows About You (Julia Angwin, Terry Parris Jr. and Surya Mattu / ProPublica)
2. Twitter Now Lets Any User Create and Curate Moments (Jordan Novet / Venture Beat)
3. Continuing Its Total Audience Rollout, Nielsen Will Launch Digital Content Ratings on Friday (Jason Lynch / AdWeek)
4. Collaborate or Die: A New Initiative Wants to Make It Easier for National and Local Outlets to Work Together (Ricardo Bilton / Nieman Lab)
5. With Its New Redesign, BuzzFeed’s Betting That the Homepage Still Matters (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
6. YouTube Hires Music Executive as a Liaison to the Industry (Ben Sisario / New York Times)