Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Knight and Other Foundations Support a Local News and Student Journalism Fund at ONA (Joseph Lichterman / Nieman Lab)
2. Facebook, Google Gather Questions for Presidential Debates (Sharon Gaudin / Computer World)
3. Google and 16 Other Companies Have Formed a Coalition That Wants to Police Ads on the Web (Lara O’Reilly / Business Insider)
4. Fact-Checkers Around the World Agree on Shared Code of Principles (Alexios Mantzarlis / Poynter)
5. This New Chartbeat Feature Helps Publishers Figure Out Those Facebook Spikes (Mathew Ingram / Fortune)