Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. When Journalists Get Their Info From Social Media, Audiences Find the Reports Less Credible (Natalie Jomini Stroud / American Press Institute)
2. Beacon Reader, A Journalism Crowdfunding Platform, is Closing Down (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
3. Gawker Writers Talk About Possible Walkout After Forced Article Deletions (Josh Feldman / Mediaite)
4. YouTube Is Building Community—And It’s Not Just About Video (Harry McCracken / Fast Company)
5. Newsrooms Getting More Diverse But Still Don’t Reflect Communities They Serve (Carlett Spike / CJR)
6. The Crisis at The Times And That Public Editor Piece (Josh Marshall / Talking Points Memo)