Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Snapchat is Moving Further and Further Away From Disappearing Messages (Kurt Wagner / Recode)
2. The Economist Expands Beyond Business and Finance Coverage with its Year-Old Films Division (Ricardo Bilton / Nieman Lab)
3. Here’s What Live Sports Looks Like on Twitter (Kurt Wagner / Recode)
4. Two Months In: Four Things NPR has Learned Using Facebook Live (Sahil Patel / Digiday)
5. YouTube Turns to the Human Touch as it Nurtures the Next Generation of Stars (Stuart Dredge / The Guardian)
6. Guardian’s Katharine Viner: ‘Social Media Companies have Become Overwhelmingly Powerful’ (Jessica Davies / Digiday)