Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. YouTube Red Buys ‘Step Up,’ Its First Big-Budget TV Drama (Brooks Barnes / The New York Times)
2. Matter Launches Media Startup Accelerator with Google News Lab and New York Times (Haje Jan Kamps / Techcrunch)
3. How FuboTV Built an Online Subscription TV Service for Soccer Nuts (Sahil Patel / Digiday)
4. 10 Things We Learned by Analyzing 9 Million Comments from The New York Times (Dr. Ashley Muddiman and Dr. Natalie (Talia) Jomini Stroud / Engaging News Project)
5. How 5 Publishers Transitioned Their Sites to Medium (Laura Hazard Owen / Nieman Lab)
6. Why Do You Comment Online? (Christie Aschwanden / FiveThirtyEight)