Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. NPR Photographer, Interpreter Killed In Afghanistan (Eyder Peralta / NPR)
2. ComScore Says People Prefer Ads in Podcasts Over Any Other Digital Medium (Marty Swant / AdWeek)
3. Instagram’s Plan To Show You The Best Photos First Is Now Rolling Out Globally (Casey Newton / The Verge)
4. Why The Guardian Is Building Its Own Mobile Ad Units (Jessica Davies / Digiday)
5. What Happens When a 50-Something Journalist Gets a Week’s Worth of News From Snapchat Discover? (Bill Adair / Nieman Lab)
6. Beset By Rivals and Record Labels, Spotify Plots Path To Profit (Mia Shanley / Reuters)
7. Winnipeg Free Press Sees Success After One Year Of Micropayments Says Publisher (Jessica Patterson / J-Source)