Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. False Plagiarism Accusation Against Shaun King Shows Dangers of Online Mob Journalism (Glenn Greenwald / The Intercept)
2. Charting New Ground: The Ethical Terrain of Nonprofit Journalism (Tom Rosenstiel, William Buzenberg, Marjorie Connelly and Kevin Loker / American Press Institute)
3. How Information Graphics Reveal Your Brain’s Blind Spots (Lena Groeger / ProPublica)
4. Verizon’s AOL’s Huffington Post Acquires Virtual Reality Studio RYOT for $10 to $15 Million (Lucas Matney, Sarah Buhr / TechCrunch)
5. Publishers Find Google’s AMP Speeds Up Pages, But Ads Are Still Slow (Garett Sloane / Digiday)
6. Journalism Has an Editing Crisis, But We Can Do Something About It (Alison MacAdam / Poynter)