Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Escaping the Digital Media ‘Crap Trap’ (Jim VandeHei / The Information)
2. The Internet Really Has Changed Everything. Here’s Proof (Rex Sorgatz / Backchannel)
3. Mashable Chief Content Officer: We’re Still Investing in Journalism Our “Audience Loves and Values” (Joseph Lichterman / Nieman Lab)
4. Daily News Fires Editor After Shaun King Accused of Plagiarism (Dylan Byers / CNNMoney)
5. A Serious Problem the News Industry Does Not Talk About (Jennifer Brandel / Medium)
6. Ad Tech Is Broken. Here’s How Newsrooms Can Help Fix It (Melody Kramer / Poynter)
7. Google Claims YouTube Ads Are More Effective Than TV (Mark Sweney / The Guardian)