Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. CNN to Pump $20 Million into Digital Expansion (Mike Shields / WSJ)
2. NPR Decides It Won’t Promote Its Podcasts or NPR One on Air (Joshua Benton / Nieman Lab)
3. The Independent is Hiring Writers to Do Both Native Ads and Edit Content (Jessica Davies / Digiday)
4. YouTube and Google Play Agree to Join T-Mobile’s Binge On Program Following Criticism of Video Throttling (Sarah Perez / TechCrunch)
5. Time Warner is Investing More in Mashable (Tom Dotan / The Information)
6. The FT is Launching a New Analytics Tool to Make Metrics More Understandable to Its Newsroom (Joseph Lichterman / Nieman Lab)