Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web.
1. How Gawker Brings In Millions Selling Headphones, Chargers and Flashlights (Steven Perlberg and Jack Marshall / Wall Street Journal)
2. How Medium is Breaking Washington’s Op-Ed Habit (Nancy Scola / Politico)
3. Twitter Invests In Muzik, a High-End Headphone Startup (Peter Kafka / Re/code)
4. Can Upstarts Like Vice and BuzzFeed Keep Their Cool? (Mark Sweney / The Guardian)
5. What Happens When Virtual Reality Gets Too Real (Jack Nicas / Wall Street Journal)
6. Will 2016 Be the Year Web Advertisers Realize We Don’t Want to be Monitored? (Ethan Zuckerman / The Guardian)