Title: Advanced Smartphone Camera Skills
Instructor: Sara Snyder, Multimedia Producer, Shooter and Editor
Learn to Use the Amazing Camera on Your Phone
Stories come in a variety of shapes, styles and flavors, but truly exceptional storytelling is about getting in the moment and capturing what’s in front of you. In this tutorial, you will learn how the versatile camera sitting in your pocket can be the perfect tool for the job.
This tutorial will empower the amateur and professional to respond to any situation and take amazing photos using the powerful new tools that now come standard on modern smartphones. Unlock the power of features like time lapse and slow-mo and learn how to take manual control of your images.
We will include simple practical tips on how to shoot and edit photos on the run, the simple and cheap gear you need to be amazing, and a few of the latest trends that will help you stay on the bleeding edge.
This class will focus on using the iPhone for great storytelling, but most of the concepts can be applied to all mobile devices with a built-in camera.
What you’ll learn from this training:
- How to decide when a mobile device is the best tool for the job
- Simple, cheap gear that will take you from good to GREAT
- Lenses, tripods, mounts, audio, chargers and connections
- Tips and Tricks: Storytelling with Style
- Manual apps: Control your shooting and editing
- Rapid delivery tools for live and quick-turnaround reporting
- Style choices: Vertical or Horizontal (the new-age debate)
Who should take this training:
- Professionals who want a how-to guide for accelerating their work in the digital space
- Reporters and photographers who want to maximize the tools they already have
- Anyone who thinks their phone is a powerful tool and needs a reason to learn how to use it
Date and Time: January 6, 2016 at 1 pm ET / 10 am PT
Note: If you can’t attend the live session, you can still register and see the archived video and ask questions of the instructor. Free registration for BigMarker is required.
About the Instructor:
Sara Snyder is a wildly creative and award-winning multimedia producer, shooter and editor seeking life’s grand adventures. Whether Sara is challenging her yoga-approved balance filming on the rocking beams of an oyster farm or getting attacked by fire ants as she navigates the jungles of Zanzibar, she’s always willing to push the limits of her comfort zone to get the story. Her work has been featured by National Geographic, USA TODAY Travel, Clinton Global Initiative, Eurosport, and more. If Sara could travel the world with a camera in her hand sharing stories about the amazing people and places she gets to visit, she would be happy forever!