1. Hearts and faves: How much should Twitter care about its core users? (Mathew Ingram / Fortune)
2. NPR is building an analytics bot that emphasizes caring over clicks (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
3. Google aims to make VR hardware irrelevant before it even gets going (Tom Simonite / MIT Tech Review)
4. Understanding what makes a visualization memorable (John Wihbey / Storybench)
5. Membrane: An experiment in permeable publishing (Jane Friedhoff / Source)
6. In defense of civility on Twitter (Conor Friedersdorf / The Atlantic)
Our Daily Must Reads newsletter comes out every Monday through Friday.
Subscribe on this page to have it delivered straight to your inbox!