1. The entrenched digital divide in our own backyards (Pui-Wing Tam / New York Times)
2. Open government is meaningless without a free press (Joel Simon / Columbia Journalism Review)
3. Entire editorial staff of Elsevier journal Lingua resigns over high price, lack of open access (Glyn Moody / Ars Technica)
4. Essena O’Neill: “You don’t need to prove your value on social media.” (Deborah Orr / Guardian)
5. The room where the Internet was born (Ingrid Burrington / The Atlantic)
6. Algorithms everywhere (Nicholas Diakopoulos / Tow Center for Digital Journalism)
Our Must Reads newsletter comes out Monday through Friday.
Subscribe on this page to see tomorrow’s items before anyone else!