Title: Social Media Strategy and Analytics
Instructor: Megan Calcote, Social Media Manager, Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism
Go beyond “post and pray” to a tailored social strategy
You’re using social media, but you know you could use it better. This training will show you how to develop a social media strategy and monitor its effectiveness using analytics, starting with identifying the right strategies for your business or personal brand and how to set up experiments to test your target audience. You’ll also learn how to use some of the deeper functions and nuances of the popular social media platforms to make your posts and efforts more effective.
We’ll also cover how to use social media management apps, easy ways to stay up-to-date on your favorite social platforms, and how to use attention to detail in your posts can amplify your presence and measure your success.
What you’ll learn from this training:
- How to develop a strategy around the content you’re posting, when to reach out to your audience and the actions you want them to take
- How to use analytics to measure the effectiveness of your activities on social against these goals
- Things you should be doing to optimize your posts on each of the networks, but probably aren’t
- Lesser-known tools you can use on each platform to hypercharge ROI on your social media efforts
- Social media schedule template
- Flow-chart to identify which metrics are the most important to you
Who should take this training:
- Journalists who post stories on their outlets’ social media accounts
- Marketers who want to take their social media usage to the next level
- Those who wants to improve their use of social media for personal branding or to promote a business
Date and Time: Dec. 2, 2015 at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
Note: If you can’t attend the live session, you can still register to see the archived video and ask questions of the instructor. Free registration for BigMarker is required.
About the Instructor:
Megan Calcote manages social media for the Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University. In addition to social media, Calcote coordinates business journalism training workshops, webinars and conferences for the center. She also is the executive producer for the podcast “Educating Geeks,” which reaches 7,000 listeners annually.