MediaShift is offering a two-part Social Media Marketing Master Class with our own Social Media Editor Julie Keck on Sept. 16 and Sept. 23. Participants may register for one or both parts.
Title: Social Media Marketing Master Class Part I: Getting Started With Social Media
Instructor: MediaShift’s Social Media Editor Julie Keck
You know you need to be on Twitter, but you’re not sure how to get started. Or maybe you’ve set up your social media accounts, but you’re just not getting the traction you want. If you’re wondering what kind of content to publish on social media, which tools are the most important, or what to do if you make a mistake, this is the course for you.
MediaShift’s Social Media Editor Julie Keck will lead you through using some of the most powerful publishing tools any media professional can use. You can learn how to optimize your feeds, post the right amount each day, and help promote your content or projects better. You can establish yourself as an authority using the right mix of social media platforms and skills. And most of all, it’s fun. Don’t be intimidated or overwhelmed by social media – you can do it!
What you’ll learn from this training:
- How to build a solid social media presence and following
- How to create the right tempo and types of social posts
- What platforms are best to use
- Help with building your Twitter profile
- Curating your feed
- Gaining solid fan bases on all feeds
- A free chapter of Julie’s e-book “Social Media Charm School”
- Downloadable slides after the training
Who should take this training:
- Media professionals who want to learn which social media platforms work for them
- Journalism educators who want to give their students a crucial tool
- Anyone who wants to boost their social media presence and increase their influence online
Date and Time: Sept 16, 2015 at 1 pm ET / 10 am PT
Note: If you can’t attend the live session, you can still register and see the archived video and ask questions of the instructor. Free registration for BigMarker is required.
About the instructor: Julie Keck is MediaShift’s Social Media & Daily Must Reads Editor. She is a social media consultant and filmmaker based in Chicago. She has spoken about social media engagement, crowdfunding, and film at SXSW, the University of Notre Dame, Columbia College, DePaul, the Chicago International Film Festival, and more. Play with her on Twitter at @kingisafink.
Coming Sept. 23: Social Media Marketing Master Class, Part II
- How to engage your audience
- How to get in on The Conversation: #Hashtags & Twitter chats
- How to coordinate multiple social media platforms
- How to promote yourself without irritating everyone
- Bonus: How to deal with haters