1. Esquire sets up paywall to benefit James Foley memorial fund (Michael Sebastian / AdAge)
2. Internet traffic records could be broken this week thanks to apple, NFL, etc. (Dan Rayburn / Streaming Media Blog)
3. Netflix to join ‘Internet slowdown’ protest over net neutrality (Brendan Sasso / National Journal)
4. Venezuela’s press crackdown stokes growth of online media (Ezequiel Minaya / Wall Street Journal)
5. Nielsen finds older adults are embracing digital video (Emily Steel / New York Times)
PBS MediaShift’s Daily Must Reads are curated by our social media editor, Julie Keck. Julie has shared her insights on filmmaking, social media marketing, and crowdfunding at the University of Notre Dame, SXSW, Northwestern University, DePaul University, the Chicago International Film Festival, and beyond. She is the Chief Creative Officer at the niche video site tellofilms.com and co-author of Social Media Charm School.