1. Big labels take aim at Pandora on royalties (Ben Sisario / New York Times)
2. After big payday for WhatsApp, more app makers resort to “growth hacking” (Jeff John Roberts / GigaOm)
3. Nearly 20% of YouTube users now pay less attention to TV, finds Google study (Jennifer Faull / The Drum)
4. Aereo launches ProtectMyAntenna.org to explain its position vs. broadcasters (Darrell Etherington / TechCrunch)
5. Appeals court says blogs are not only media, they’re an important source of news and commentary (Mathew Ingram / GigaOm)
6. Dropbox Acquires Startups Loom, Hackpad in Push to Expand Services (Mike Billings / Wall Street Journal)
Get our newsletters delivered straight to your inbox.
Managing editor Courtney Lowery Cowgill is a writer, editor, teacher and farmer. As a teacher, she’s an adjunct professor at the University of Montana School of Journalism, specializing in feature writing, legislative coverage, rural journalism and online journalism. Formerly, she was the editor in chief of the online magazine NewWest.Net, which she co-founded. Before that, worked as a newswoman for the Associated Press. When she’s not writing or editing, she’s helping her husband wrangle 150 heritage turkeys, 30 acres of food, overgrown weeds or their young children.