1. Biz Stone: Twitter must ‘make bold choices to survive with the times’ (Harrison Weber / VentureBeat)
2. Exclusive: Automattic seeking to raise more than $100 million (Erin Griffith / Fortune)
3. We are drowning in data about readers and attention, but which metrics really matter? You won’t like the answer (Mathew Ingram / GigaOm)
4. Can Facebook innovate? A conversation with Mark Zuckerberg (Farhad Manjoo / New York Times)
5. Squarespace raises $40 million as website-tools battle heats up (Lizette Chapman / Wall Street Journal)
6. How publishers tweak content for the social Web (Ricardo Bilton / Digiday)
Managing editor Courtney Lowery Cowgill is a writer, editor, teacher and farmer. As a teacher, she’s an adjunct professor at the University of Montana School of Journalism, specializing in feature writing, legislative coverage, rural journalism and online journalism. Formerly, she was the editor in chief of the online magazine NewWest.Net, which she co-founded. Before that, worked as a newswoman for the Associated Press. When she’s not writing or editing, she’s helping her husband wrangle 150 heritage turkeys, 30 acres of food, overgrown weeds or their young children.