Starting next week, our E-Books & Self-Publishing Roundup will come out on Tuesdays instead of Thursdays. Now on Thursdays we will share our weekly Journalism & Digital Education Roundup, leading up to our bi-weekly #EdShift Twitter chats on the first and third Fridays of each month.
1. E-reading rises as device ownership jumps (Kathryn Zickuhr & Lee Rainie / Pew Research Internet Project)
2. Apple again loses bid to oust antitrust monitor from e-books case (Josh Lowensohn / The Verge)
3. E-book subscription service Oyster teams up with Disney and rolls out kids’ vertical (Laura Hazard Owen / GigaOm)
4. Kobo, Bella Andre launch three-month exclusive book deal (Mercy Pilkington / Good E-Reader)
5. When free is the best launch strategy (Arthur Klebanoff / Digital Book World)