Note: Daily Must Reads will be back Monday, January 6, 2014. Keep up with new posts by signing up for our PBS MediaShift Daily and the PBS Idea Lab Daily.
1. Pledging clarity, the Times plunges into native advertising (Margaret Sullivan / New York Times)
2. A first look at NewsCo’s structure (Jay Rosen / PressThink)
3. Between a quarter and a third of everything on the web is copied from somewhere else (Leo Mirani / Quartz)
4. How local magazines figured out what Patch never could (Michael Rondon / Folio)
6. Sources: Dish eyes a 2014 bid for T-Mobile (Reuters)