Mediatwits #174: Immersive Journalism and VR: Limitless Potential, Many Barriers
Netizen Report: Is Egypt Blocking Voice Calls on WhatsApp and Skype?
How Digital Ads Could Give TV a Run For Its Money
Your guide to the digital media revolution
With your hostMark Glaser
1. NBC News buys live-video streaming site to incorporate citizen journalism, boost news coverage (The Next Web)
2. Study: Mobile news ‘snacking’ is up sharply, but tablets are the killer news devices (Pando Daily)
3. Technology industry extends a hand to struggling print media (NYT)
4. New milestones for freelance journalism platform (Journalism.co.uk)
5. Journalism and video games come together as a new form of storytelling in Brazil (Nieman Lab)
6. Magazine writing on the web, for film (NYT)
Get our newsletters delivered straight to your inbox.
Check out MediaShift Sponsorship opportunities!
Subscribe in YouTube
Subscribe in RSS
Subscribe in SoundCloud
Subscribe in iTunes
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
MediaShift explains how traditional media such as newspapers, magazines, radio, TV, music and movies are changing with digital disruption and adapting their business models for a more mobile, networked world.
If you're interested in submitting a guest column, see our guidelines here.