Is there a particular weblog or podcast that you love more than anything? Do you think it deserves some international attention? Now’s your chance to nominate that blog — whether it’s yours or someone else’s — for the Best of the Blogs (The BOBs) awards, put on for the third year by German public media company Deutsche Welle. There are awards given for blogs in 10 different languages, and now they have categories for audio and video podcasts. Plus, award categories include Best Corporate Blog, Blogwurst Award (for wacky subjects) and Reporters Without Borders award for a blog supporting freedom of speech. You can nominate a blog for The BOBs here. But also explain your nomination(s) in the comments below, and I’ll review some of the better ones in next week’s Your Take Roundup. (Full disclosure: I will be judging the English-language blogs.) Nominations close on Sept. 30.
What weblog or podcast would you nominate for Best of the Blogs?
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Special Series: Inside the Content Marketing Boom
- The Rise of the Engagement Editor and What It Means
- Thinking of Starting a Podcast? Read This First
- How Time Magazine Turned Bad PR Around After Wacky VR Cover
- How and Why Journalism Schools Should Teach Podcasting
- 7 Tips for Building a Mobile-First, Multi-Platform Newsroom
- How to Self-Publish Your Book on a Budget
- Your Guide to Cutting the Cord to Cable TV
- DigitalEd: How to Get Foundation Funding
- DigitalEd: 5 Tech Tools to Improve Your Reporting
Get MediaShift Daily via Email
Follow us on Social
Who we Are
MediaShift explains how traditional media such as newspapers, magazines, radio, TV, music and movies are changing with digital disruption and adapting their business models for a more mobile, networked world.
If you're interested in submitting a guest column, see our guidelines here.