There are a lot of ways to get around advertising. You can change the channel or use TiVo or a VCR to skip commercials on TV. You can change the channel on a radio, or listen to podcasts, where you might fast-forward through commercials. You can use a pop-up blocker online. You can ignore outdoor billboards, and airplanes trailing signs and blimps above sporting events. But what advertisements would you actually pay attention to? Funny ones with big production values such as Super Bowl ads? Ads that were very relevant to you and your life? Ads that offered you special discounts? Where would you like to see these ads? Share your thoughts on this question, and I’ll include the best ones in next week’s Your Take Roundup.
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
Best of Mediashift
- Did Apple Just Kill Local News?
- How to Self-Publish Your Book on a Budget
- Exploring the 7 Different Types of Data Stories
- Have We Come Too Far With Digital Photography?
- Cutting the Cord 2015: A Special Series on Streaming TV
- Your Guide to Cutting the Cord to Cable TV
- How Student Media are Approaching a Tipping Point on Print
- DigitalEd: Reinventing Student Media for the Digital Age
Get MediaShift Daily via Email
Follow us on Social
Who we Are
MediaShift explains how traditional media such as newspapers, magazines, radio, TV, music and movies are changing with digital disruption and adapting their business models for a more mobile, networked world.
If you're interested in submitting a guest column, see our guidelines here.