Hackathon housing includes affordable on-campus housing in Lewis Hall (single or double) room or nearby hotels. Parking on campus is limited and tightly controlled so plan on walking a bit from the parking area if you will have a car with you.
- Book your room at UNC’s Lewis Hall ($123.70 single and $71.73 double for 2 nights)
- Special offer at ALoft Chapel Hill hotel: $95/night rate for hackathon participants, reserve here located at 1001 South Hamilton Road, NC 27517
- The Carolina Inn (3 minute walk to Reese News Lab)
- The Franklin Hotel (also walkable)
- Hampton Inn/Carrboro (.5 miles from campus so a bit of a walk)
- Here’s a full list of Chapel Hill hotels:
NOTE: Hotels on Fordham Boulevard/15-501 are the most affordable but will require taxis or on-campus parking for a rental car.
If you are flying you will want to fly to Raleigh-Durham International Airport and either rent a car or take public transportation to UNC.
- RDU to UNC by bus: The bus trip from RDU to UNC takes about 1 hour and requires cash payment ($2.50 per trip).
- By taxi: Taxi service is available at both RDU terminals. With tip, a taxi trip to UNC costs about $45.
- Rental cars: RDU has seven rental car agencies.