Each week, we curate the top stories of the week in e-books and self-publishing. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
- ‘Bad Sex In Fiction’ Award Goes To Novelist Who Compared Skin To Stained Bathtub (Camila Domonoske / NPR)
- BookBub CPM Ads and Wide Distribution (David Gaughran / David Gaughran)
- The Texas Prison System Has Some Confusing Logic On What Books Inmates Can Read (Mary Papenfuss / Huff Post)
- The Inside Story of How the Kindle Was Born (Neal Karlinksy / The Amazon Blog)
- Patreon Changes Fee Structure and Unleashes Chaos (Mike Glyer / File 770)
- Cengage’s New E-Textbook Subscription Service Seems Reasonable, but the Question Lingers: Who Needs Textbooks Anymore? (Mirela Ronsevic / NSR)
- How to Give Away an eBook From an Author Website (Nate Hoffelder / The Digital Reader)