Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. The Wall Street Journal Shutters Eight Blogs: “The Tools for Telling” Stories Have Changed (Christine Schmidt / Nieman Lab)
2. The Economist is Helping Advertisers Find Economist Readers Off Its Properties (Jessica Davies / Digiday)
3. The Houston Chronicle has a BBQ Podcast, a Site for Smarties and Big Plans for Turning Readers into Subscribers (Kristen Hare / Poynter)
4. BBC Prioritizing Live Video in News App to Take on Facebook and Youtube as it Looks to Win Over Younger Audience (Freddy Mayhew / Press Gazette)
5. ‘A Dicey Situation’: Snapchat Gives Influencers the Cold Shoulder (Yuyu Chen / Digiday)
6. John Oliver: Why Some Local News Is Getting More Conservative (Erik Hayden / Hollywood Reporter)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!