Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Facebook is Getting Ready to Test Paid Subscriptions With Publications (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
2. News Outlets to Seek Bargaining Rights Against Google and Facebook (Jim Rutenberg / New York Times)
3. Google is Funding a New Software Project That Will Automate Writing Local News (April Glaser / Recode)
4. Podchaser, an “IMDb for Podcasts,” is Building a Big Tags-Based Database to Help People Discover Shows (Ricardo Bilton / Nieman Lab)
5. Alt-weeklies Look for Lifeline From Nonprofits (Gwyneth Doland / Columbia Journalism Review)
6. Dissatisfied With the National Media’s Frame, Appalachia Finds its Own Voice (Catherine V. Moore / Columbia Journalism Review)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!