Each Thursday, we round up the top stories of the week in journalism education and digital learning. Sign up here to get the Journalism & Digital Education Roundup delivered to your inbox.
1. Why Did a UCLA Instructor With a Popular Free-Speech Course Lose His Job? (Sarah Brown / Chronicle of Higher Ed)
2. In the Knowledge Economy, We Need a Netflix of Education (Karl Mehta and Rob Harles / Tech Crunch)
3. Tired Edtech Trends That Teachers Wish Would Retire (Mary Jo Madda / EdSurge)
4. Do Free Speech and Inclusivity Clash? (Doug Lederman / Inside Higher Ed)
5. A New Kind of Tech Job Emphasizes Skills, Not a College Degree (Steve Lohr / New York Times)