Title: DigitalEd: Use Google Apps to Workflow Like a Pro
Instructor: Gideon Grudo, Digital Platforms Editor, Air Force Magazine
Working dumb is for the old guard. Work smart and defeat foes.
Running your newsroom with emails and word documents is so 2000-late. There’s a sexy and free way to plan ahead, communicate effectively, and come out actually knowing what your next issue will look like. A DC-based digital platforms editor will tell you how to use Google Apps to take over the world. He’s done it at his college paper, an alternative weekly, and most recently at a monthly magazine.
What you’ll learn from this training:
- What are Google Apps and why are they important to poor newsrooms
- Why a shared-access management terminal is the best way for small teams to collaborate.
- How to use Google Drive, Google Sheets, and Google Docs for publications
- Presentation slides (Powerpoint)
Who should take this training:
- Students who work in newsrooms with few resources
- Journalists from newsrooms without expensive content management systems
- Anyone outside the industry interested in cheap and effective workflows
Date and Time: July 26, 2017 at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
Note: If you can’t attend the live session, you can still register and see the archived video and ask questions of the instructor. Free registration for BigMarker is required.
Gideon Grudo is a digital platforms editor at a military magazine in Washington, DC. Previously, he ran Florida’s largest LGBT weekly newspaper. He chairs the FOI Committee of the Society of Professional Journalists, and has been angrily lecturing students and professional journalists in the past few years about workflow and Reddit. He plays rugby and took a few improv classes once.