Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Who Will Own the Chicago Sun-Times? After Weeks of Waiting, It’s in the Government’s Hands (James Warren / Poynter)
2. How News Publisher Attn is Getting Instagram to Pay Off (Ross Benes / Digiday)
3. Guardian U.S. is Partnering with the Economic Hardship Reporting Project and the Rockefeller Foundation to Publish Stories From Under-Covered U.S. Regions (Alissa Quart and Jessica Reed / The Guardian)
4. Fox Sports Cuts Web Writing Staff to Invest More in Online Video (Lucas Shaw / Bloomberg)
5. Across the United States, NPR is Reorganizing its Member Stations Around Regional Hubs (Al Tompkins / Poynter)
6. Facebook is Ready to Drop Up to $3 Million an Episode on TV-Style Shows (Nathan McAlone / Business Insider)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!