Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Media Companies Are Getting Sick of Facebook (Sarah Frier and Gerry Smith / Bloomberg)
2. Violence On Facebook Live Is Worse Than You Thought (Alex Kantrowitz / BuzzFeed)
3. In a Fake Fact Era, Schools Teach the ABCs of News Literacy (Issie Lapowsky / Wired)
4. New York Times Sends Cease & Desist Letter Over CalPERS’ Massive Copyright Infringement; Potential Damages Eight Figures for Times and WSJ Each; Theft Extends to Virtually Every News Publication in U.S. (Yves Smith / naked capitalism)
5. This Report Says The Mexican Government Deployed Spyware Against Journalists And Activists (Rafael Cabrera and Hayes Brown / BuzzFeed)
6. Under CNN’s Wing, YouTube Star Casey Neistat Is Launching a Daily News Show (Todd Spangler / Variety)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!