Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Google Chrome Will Automatically Block Annoying Ads (George Slefo / Ad Age)
2. Despite Subscription Surges for Largest U.S. Newspapers, Circulation and Revenue Fall for Industry Overall (Michael Bartel / Pew Research Center)
3. Billionaire-Supported but Looking to Expand its Coverage, The Intercept Also Turns to Reader Memberships (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)
4. The Wall Street Journal is Killing its What’s News App (but Bringing Lessons From it to its Main App) (Joseph Lichterman / Nieman Lab)
5. YouTube Adds More Details, and Restrictions, Around Which Videos Can Be Monetized (Chris Welch / The Verge)
6. How Refinery29 Gets a 63 percent Click-to-Open Rate on its Biggest Newsletter (Max Willens / Digiday)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!