Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Facebook’s Side-by-Side Video View Could Open Up New Ad Inventory Outside the News Feed (Lauren Johnson / AdWeek)
2. Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press Announces $1 Million Gift From Jeff Bezos; New Partnership With First Look Media (Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press)
3. Machine Learning and AI: When to Start? (Shelly Palmer / Ad Age)
4. Facebook is Promising to Use its Greatest Asset to Help Media Companies Make More Money (Mike Shields / Business Insider)
5. Scribd Says it Has Over 500,000 Subscribers Paying $8.99/Month for Ebooks, Audiobooks, and Now News (Laura Hazard Owen / Nieman Lab)
6. Snapchat Shows: Inside the Plan to Reimagine TV for the Mobile Era (Andrew Wallenstein / Variety)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!