Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Ad Industry Powers Consider Adopting Ad Blocking on a Wide Scale (George Slefo / Advertising Age)
2. A Facebook Bot Purge Clobbered USA Today, and No One Knows Why (Nausicaa Renner and David Uberti / Columbia Journalism Review)
3. Facebook is Looking to Hire a Head of News Products to Combat Fake News (Kurt Wagner / Recode)
4. The Financial Times Started a Mergers and Acquisitions Newsletter for its Highest-Paying Subscribers (Joseph Lichterman / Nieman Lab)
5. Publishers Fear Fallout of Google-Backed Ad Blocker (Jessica Davies And Lucia Moses / Digiday)
6. City Magazines, Dependent on Print, Face Uncertain Future Amid Wave of Deals (Tony Rehagen / Columbia Journalism Review)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!